Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! From all the McMillens, we hope you’re spending your day with family and friends enjoying their company and a great meal. We will be at home spending our day loving our little monkey and cooking up some fun with friends!
Year after year for Thanksgiving I make my home made apple pie. And what’s wonderful is that each year, I get to experience people loving this pie!! Quite often, I find my friends asking for the recipe. So this year I decided to put it in writing and share. For an absolutely scrumptious apple pie, here’s my recipe!!! It is just an incredible pie and it will even be delicious with store bought pie crust. I’ve made this year after year and the response is always amazing. I LOVE PIE!!! And hopefully you will love this pie too!!
- Peel and slice apples. Toss with sugars, cinnamon and flour. Set aside.
- Roll crust to make slightly larger to fit 10-inch glass pie pan. Fit bottom crust in pie pan. Pour apples into crust and top with butter. Add top crust and pinch edges to adhere the two crusts.
- Preheat oven to 450degrees
- Wet hands with water and dampen top of pie. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Using a knife, cut small slivers in the top crust so the steam escapes
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for about 45 minutes more, until crust is golden brown.It is so absolutely delicious your guests will ask for more!!